Subject: Re: Iff loading
From: [email-masked] (HANG-FIRE)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 1994 08:56:53 +0100

Date sent: 14-JUN-1994 

>Hello,
>
>Is there a routine available to load a Iff picture faster? It's so slow!
>I know a solution is loading the picture as a animation.

There is a solution: USE outr PACK library which loads the whole IFF into
memory and then unpacks it from there!  You could even INCBIN the IFF and
unpack it from inside your program file!

Steve Mc.
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Stephen McNamara Reflective Images |                                      |
|====================================+======================================|
| A1200/340HD/6Mb/Blitz2             | Current Project : AmigGuide Editor   |
| A1200/170HD/6Mb/Blitz2             | [::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::] |
|                                    | Current Project : Shoot'em-Up        |
| Steven Matty     : sis3147         | [#:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::] |
| Stephen McNamara : sis3149         | Current Project : Map Editor         |
| @sisvax.sis.port.ac.uk             | [#################################:] |
\____________________________________|______________________________________/